Packaging – the unsung hero of marketing
About this event
What happens when you have to start spending actual advertising money? Ocean Bottle was founded in 2019 with a mission to bring people together to turn the tide on plastic. Starting out by hijacking luxury events at Glastonbury, long heartfelt emails to early backers and relentless sales pitches to corporate companies has become more of an operation now. The brand has over 500,000 products in the world and with it a community of people who are the brand’s most useful weapon, their NPS score proves it.
But when your startup starts to gain traction and mature, a new challenge emerges. How does a company go from firing on all cylinders to firing on just the ones that will grow the business, not to mention navigating existing growth channels and their new parameters?
Iona (Head of Brand) and Morgan (Head of Growth) cover:
- Who Ocean Bottle are and why they exist
- What changes when a business moves from startup to scaleup.
- Don’t be afraid to pivot. Collaborating with other brands has been our Trojan horse and growth spends a lot of time grooming it.
- How to find a balance between experimentation and BAU.
- Growth needs brand and brand needs growth. Why brand and growth teams can’t act in a silo – and the benefits of collaboration.